Albemarle Hospital Foundation, Elizabeth City
On June 26, the Albemarle Hospital Foundation presented checks, totaling $84,000, to representatives from local nonprofit and government organizations as part of their Community Benefits Grants Program. The grants were funded through the Vidant Health Community Benefits Committee’s 2012-2013 Health Initiatives Grants Program, which provides money to the Foundations of Vidant Health hospitals and Vidant Health-affiliated hospitals for distribution into their local communities – another benefit of Albemarle Health’s affiliation with Vidant Health.
Each of the programs funded addresses one of three areas identified by the Foundation as health related needs in the area: access to healthcare, chronic disease identification and management, or nutrition and physical activity.
Photo: At a ceremony held in the Albemarle Hospital Education Center on June 26, checks were presented to representatives of the organizations receiving a total of $84,000 through the Albemarle Hospital Foundation’s Community Benefits Grants Program.
The programs funded for the 2012-2013 grant period are:
- Albemarle Hopeline, Inc.: Project Change (Creating Health Attitudes and Nutritional Goals through Education)
- Albemarle Regional Health Services (ARHS): Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program
- Albemarle Regional Health Services: Perquimans Get Fit
- ARHS’ Albemarle Pediatric Asthma Coalition: Pediatric Asthma Management Tools
- ARHS’ Gates Partners for Health: HCOTA Coordinator
- ARHS’ Healthy Carolinians of the Albemarle: HCOTA Coordinator
- Gates County Extension: Give Your Heart a Healthy Beat program
- Girls Inc.: Mind + Body Program
- Historic Hertford: Missing Mill Farmer’s Market
- Kids First: Support for Provision of Services for Child Abuse Victims
- Pasquotank County Cooperative Extension: Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program
- Perquimans County Schools Foundation, Inc.: Water Turtles
- Port Discover: Kinetic Kids Program