In order to provide services at one of our locations, we require proof of identification (ID) before treating you. This is part of a Federal law aimed at preventing identity theft
When you come, you must bring the following:
|1 “Picture ID” AND 1 “Insurance Card”||OR||1 “Picture ID” AND 2 “Other IDs”|
- If your “Picture ID” has an old address on it, you must bring an extra “Other ID” that shows your correct address.
- For a child under 18 to get treatment, we must have proof of ID for their parent or guardian (see above).
- If you have not been to one of our locations for more than 3 months, you will need to bring proof of ID again.
If you are not from the United States and need help to get proper ID, please call Northeastern Community Development Corporation (NCDC), at (252) 331-1601.
If You Need a State Photo ID
You can get a state photo ID for $10, from:
North Carolina DMV
1164 S. Highway 17
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
You will need …
1 “Proof of Residency” AND 1 “Proof of Age and Identity” AND 1 Social Security Card
1 “Proof of Residency” AND 1 “Proof of Age and Identity” AND document from U.S. Government showing you are in the U.S.A. legally
|Proof of Residency (need 1)||Proof of Age and Identity (need 1)|
If You Think Someone Has Stolen Your ID
- Call in a “Fraud Alert” to one of these credit reporting companies:
- Close any accounts in your name that someone else might have opened
- File a report with the police
- Report it to the Federal Trade Commission, at ftc.gov/idtheft, or call 1-877-438-4338