The occupational therapy professionals at Albemarle Hospital can help you regain motion and mobility — helping you be more independent or return to your job. By understanding the frustration that can accompany an injury or illness, we can help you overcome any mental roadblocks. We also have special assistance available for those with developmental disabilities or emotional or social deficits.
Occupational therapy services include:
- Restoring sensory, perceptual and motor functions.
- Assessing home or work site to identify ways to improve personal independence, mobility and productivity.
- Promoting self-reliance.
- Creating splints and braces, and monitoring their use.
- Training hand and eye coordination.
- Identifying the need for and providing instruction in the use of adaptive equipment.
- Educating family members on how to assist their loved one during the rehabilitation period.