The occupational therapy department at Albemarle Hospital can help you regain motion or mobility, independence, or return to your job. Understanding the frustration that can accompany an injury or illness, we can help you overcome any mental roadblocks. We also have special assistance available for those with developmental disabilities or emotional or social deficits.
Occupational therapy services include:
- Restoring sensory, perceptual, and motor functions.
- Assessing home or work site to identify ways to improve personal independence, mobility, and productivity.
- Promoting self-reliance.
- Creating splints and braces, and monitoring their use.
- Training hand and eye coordination.
- Identifying the need and providing instruction in the use of adaptive equipment.
- Educating family members how to assist their loved one during the rehabilitation period.